Over the summer of 2021 we delivered two successful visitor campaigns through Visit Harrogate. The two campaigns, Gardens and Outdoors were selected as the most relevant and flexible due to continuing restrictions around Covid-19, as well as being established strengths of the District.
Gardens campaign; May – September 2021
To build on the success of previous Gardens campaigns, in 2021 we added new channels to the campaign to reach new audiences. These channels included a new and bespoke video of our partner gardens, targeted social media activity and a three strand package with Gardeners’ World. These channels were used to drive traffic to the Visit Harrogate website to reach potential overnight visitors and encourage longer gardens related stays.
This partnership campaign was a collaboration of six of our garden partners. We created a collection of materials to showcase the number, quality and variety of gardens in the District.
- Print brochure
- Attendance at relevant events e.g. flower shows
- Package with Gardeners’ World consisting of:
- display ad in June issue of GW magazine (Print run 300,000)
- Targeted banner ad on GW website
- Solus Harrogate Gardens email to GW readership
- Harrogate “See how our Gardens grow” video produced with partner gardens, posted to Facebook & YouTube.
- Targeted social media advertising using range of campaign assets
Total campaign impressions including Facebook posts, videos and YouTube totaled over 1.8 million by the close of the campaign.
Outdoors Campaign August – October 2021
The Outdoors campaign capitalised on the District’s strong offer of outdoor attractions and magnificent landscapes highlighting the many opportunities to enjoy outdoor recreation in the District in the late summer months
This partnership campaign was delivered in two streams, targeting a younger demographic likely to be looking for alternatives to a ‘city break’. The campaign also capitalised on Visit England’s UK-wide “Escape the Everyday” messaging which inspires consumers to travel and enjoy the country’s amazing tourism offer
Targeted to young couples/social groups and young families.
- Videos (posted to Facebook and YouTube)
- Targeted social media advertising campaign
- Social media influencers
The campaign impressions for our Outdoors campaign including Facebook posts, videos and YouTube totaled over 4 million.